Glebe Organic Farm
Glebe Organic Farm in its current form is relatively new, the main farm was purchased in 2003 with additional land purchased in 2006 and 2008 now summing approx 172ha. However historical records and archaeological studies indicate that a settlement has been located and farming has been carried out on this land as far back as Roman times.
The oldest of the farm buildings is a Red brick barn which is called Bonsor’s Barn named after the J T Bonsor rented the farm from 1900 to 1930. In the field next to it, called barn field, the landscape shows that ironstone was mined here, which was used to build many of the buildings in Woodford village. Also the main track which runs past the farmyard is called Mill Way, this used to be the main route from Woodford Mill to Willy Watts Water Mill.